Notification of the Collection, Processing and Use of Personal Information for
Applicants of Chaoyang University of Technology
1. Please read carefully the notification of the Collection, Processing and Use of
personal Information for Applicants of Chaoyang University of Technology (hereinafter
referred to as the “University”) according to the Articles 8 and 9 of the Personal Data
Protection Law (hereinafter referred to as the “Act”).
2. Purpose of collecting personal information:
The personal information is collected exclusively for the purposes of processing the
application of degree, dual degree and exchange student programs, as you are admitted
and it will be transferred to student’s personal information record.
3. Method of collecting personal information:
Personal information of applicants is collected from online registration or application
made in person.
(1) Personal information is provided by the applicants while applying for the evaluation
of the University’s Recruitment Committee.
(2) Personal information that the applicants have logged in or edited on the
University’s online recruitment information system.
4. Basic information categories:
Personal information categories, such as individual identifier (C001), financial
condition identifier (C002), identifier within government information (C003), personal
profile (C011), Information on other family members(C023), immigration status(C033),
school record (C051) and qualification or technique (C052), student and test
participator record(C57), which entails name, number of resident certificate or
passport, date of birth, photo, gender, education information, emergency contact,
resident address, email address and contact information.
(1) The period within which the personal data can be used:
Unless otherwise stipulated by the law or the central competent authority in respect
of the retention period of personal information, the retention period of the
personal information by the University shall be the time required for the above
purposes for collection to be fulfilled.
(2) The area where the personal information is used: Taiwan area or areas
authorized by the applicant/student for processing and use.
(3) Object of the use of personal information: The University or partnership
institutions for completing the above collection purposes, including the Ministry of
Education and other academic research institutions.
(4) Methods of using the personal information:
Methods which are necessary for the admission, reporting to the University,
verification, registration, management of new students by the University, after
enroll activity, contact with students/applicants (parents, guardians), which is
required for the fulfillment of the above collection purposes.
6. The applicant’s failure to provide true and complete personal information may lead to
his or her inability to register for the application or to be contacted during
emergency, or the failed delivery of admission notices, which will adversely affect the
applicant’s application services.
7. All applicants shall make sure that the personal information provided is true and
accurate. If any personal information of the applicants is untrue or to be modified, the
applicants shall promptly submit the relevant supporting document to the University for
8. The University may provide personal information or the relevant information according
to the law or upon the request by the central competent authority or the judicial
9. The right & benefit of personal information: Applicants may request to inquire or
correct the personal information, according to Article 3 of Personal Information
Protection Act, except when allowed under other regulations, the University could reject
your requests. Should you suffer any losses due to such requests, the University shall
not be held responsible for any compensation.
10. If applicants request to stop collecting, processing, using or deleting personal
information, which is assessed that could affect the University to execute or complete
the above collection purposes or that would lead the University to disobey the laws or
the requests of the authorities, the University should continue to collect, process, use
or keep the personal information, except when allowed under other regulations or
requested by the authorities.
I have carefully read and understood the attached ICSC disclosure regarding the
gathering, handling, and using of personal information and I hereby agree to it